Frequently Asked Questions


Important Announcement

Like so many other homes and businesses in Mamaroneck, Cook & Cake Center suffered severe flooding damage from the devastating hurricane Ida. We will be temporarily closed until further notice. Rest assured that it is our intention to rebuild and come back better than ever. This process however will take some time. We appreciate your support and understanding.

Please contact us with any additional questions you may have

What are your current COVID-19 guidelines?2021-07-03T17:46:24-04:00

Effective May 19, 2021, New York State has adopted the CDC’s “Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People” for most businesses and public settings. We are pleased to announce that we will be following the CDC guidance, allowing us to lift the previous masking and social distance restrictions for fully vaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated individuals are still required to wear masks and be socially distanced.

As per New York State guidelines, you may be asked to provide proof of vaccination via paper form, digital application, or Excelsior Pass.

Is there a limit on the number of hours I can work at Cook & Bake Center?2020-08-12T18:43:06-04:00

There is no maximum number of hours. The minimum is a four-hour shift.

Please note: Full payment covering the minimum four-hour shift is required even if you have used less time than the four hours allotted. Billing for the shift begins at the reserved time, not the time of arrival at our facility.

What if I need more time than what was originally scheduled?2019-10-17T00:58:50-04:00

If you need to work more hours than what you originally planned, simply give us a call to let us know. If there are no other clients scheduled to work right after your shift, you may extend your scheduled hours

Do I need a license to work at Cook & Bake Center?2020-08-12T18:42:31-04:00

It will depend on the type of work you do. If you prepare food in order to sell it at a store, supermarket, farmer’s market, website, or any other commercial venue you are considered a food manufacturer which requires a “20-C Food Processing Establishment License” from the Department of Agriculture. Catering operations do not need a “20-C” license but do need to have an original Food Service Establishment permit listing Cook & Bake Center, as required by the health authorities. One-time events will require a temporary permit.

In other cases no permit is required, this will vary depending on your unique circumstances.

Please visit our Getting Started page for more information.

When is payment due and which forms of payment are accepted?2019-10-17T00:59:23-04:00

Payment is required at the end of the scheduled shift. Depending on the circumstances, payments may also be made in advance.  We accept cash and checks and credit card payments, including Apple Pay and Android Pay. (A surcharge of $5 will be added to all credit card payments)

Do I need liability insurance?2021-07-03T18:07:15-04:00

Yes. Cook & Bake Center must be added to your liability insurance policy prior to your first day of work.

The Flip Program is a well known and affordable option for obtaining liability insurance for food businesses.

Must I have experience using the professional equipment available at Cook & Bake Center?2019-10-17T01:00:14-04:00

No experience is necessary. You will find that our equipment will greatly enhance your productivity and we will gladly offer training.

Do I need to bring my own kitchen tools?2019-10-17T01:00:59-04:00

Cook & Bake Center is conveniently equipped with hundreds of kitchen tools available for all of our clients to use. If you need special equipment or tools we do not have, you can bring them. Please note: you are responsible for your own property. Cook & Bake Center is not responsible for loss, misplacement, or damage incurred to your property.

Can I bring my own equipment?2019-10-17T01:01:05-04:00

Yes, as long as your equipment is NSF or Commercial rated, and there is space available. We will try to accommodate your temporary needs.

Is clean-up required after I am finished working?2020-08-12T18:41:38-04:00

Yes. The kitchen as well as all equipment, appliances and tools used while working are expected to be cleaned and left in the same condition in which you found them. Cook & Bake Center provides all the necessary cleaning solutions and sanitation supplies at no extra cost.

Please Note: You are responsible for bringing your own cleaning rags.

Failure to leave the kitchen in a clean state will incur additional clean-up charges.

Can I rent the kitchen only one time?2019-10-17T01:01:28-04:00

Yes. For example, in many cases photography and film professionals do not need more than one or two days worth of time in order to complete their projects. There may be other circumstances in which one-time rentals are all you need. We accommodate these requests.

Please Note: The same insurance requirements and minimum shift hours will apply. Permits may also be required. Please visit our Getting Started page for more information.

How far in advance do I need to reserve my booking?2019-10-17T01:01:33-04:00

We book on a first-come-first-serve basis so the more time in advance the more likely it is you will find the exact dates you prefer to be available.