Step By Step Guide

We want you to get up and running as quickly as possible so that you can begin to work at Cook & Bake Center. Follow the guide below to make sure that you have all the necessary certificates, licenses, insurance and/or permits that may apply.

1. ServSafe

You must provide a copy of your ServSafe (Food Safety Manager’s Certificate.) This ensures that you will be following all Health Department regulations and procedures when preparing any food products.

  • Online courses and study material can be purchased on the ServSafe website.

  • In-person training is also available.

  • Upon successful completion of exam, provide copy of certificate.

More information
Food Safety Manager’s Certificate

2. Insurance

All customers are required to have general liability insurance coverage. This protects our facility as well as your products and your equipment in case of damage. The Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) is a well-known provider that tailors to the needs of food professionals; however you may choose any insurer of your choice

  • Your policy needs to list us as an “additionally insured” property owner
  • You may download this sheet with answers to the the most common questions insurance companies will ask about our facility.

3. Submit Application

Fill out and submit an application to let us know what you do and what your use case is at our kitchen. We will happily assist you with any information you need.

  • You will have the opportunity to schedule an appointment to visit to Cook & Bake Center.
  • We will make sure all your questions are answered.

Apply here
Obtain permit

4. Obtain Permit

The type of business you operate and what you do at our facility will determine the appropriate licensing, if needed.

  • Temporary food service establishment – One-time events. Offered for both Westchester County and New York City.
  • Permit to operate food service establishment – Caterers who use our facility need the long-term food service establishment permit offered by the Westchester County Department of Health.
  • Food producers and wholesalers– The New York Department of Agriculture is responsible for issuing the “20-C License” you may need to sell your product–the regulations vary based on ingredients and other factors.

This is only a general description of the licensing requirements. Some customers will require no permits. For more detailed information please visit this page from the Department of Health.

Come Visit Us

We would love to give you a tour of our facility. Set up an appointment today.

Contact Us