Step By Step Guide

We want you to get up and running as quickly as possible so that you can begin to work at Cook & Bake Center. Here is a 4-step guide to get started and making sure that you have all the necessary certificates, licenses, insurance and/or permits that may apply.

1. Submit Application

Fill out and submit an application to let us know what you do and what your use case is at our kitchen. We will happily assist you with any information you need.

  • We will make sure all your questions are answered.

  • You will have the opportunity to schedule an appointment to visit to Cook & Bake Center.
step by step guide

2. Obtain Permit

Once you have visited our facility in person and determined that it is the right space for your needs, you may begin the process of obtaining the appropriate license. The type of business you operate and what you plan to do at our facility will determine which license you will need, or if you need one at all.

  • Temporary food service establishment One-time events. Offered for both Westchester County and New York City.
  • Permit to operate food service establishment Long-term food service establishment permit offered by the Westchester County Department of Health.

  • Food producers and wholesalers – The New York Department of Agriculture is responsible for issuing the “20-C license” you may need to sell your product–the regulations vary based on ingredients and other factors.

The information provided on this section is only a general description of the licensing requirements and is not exhaustive. Some uses of the facility such as classes, testing sessions, private events, and photo shoots require no permits.

For more detailed information please refer to the Department of Health.

3. ServSafe Manager

You must provide proof of your ServSafe Manager Certification. This ensures that you will be following all Health Department regulations and procedures when preparing any food products.

get started
Get started

4. Liability Insurance

All customers are required to have general liability insurance coverage. This protects our facility as well as your products and your equipment in case of damage. The Food Liability Insurance Program (FLIP) is a well-known provider that tailors to the needs of food professionals; however, you may choose any insurer of your choice.

  • Your policy needs to list Cook & Bake Center as the “certificate holder” or “additionally insured.”

  • Visit the Flip Program for additional information.

Come Visit Us

We would love to give you a tour of our facility.
Set up an appointment today.